New thinner full-sized iPad with smaller dock connector for November
Following yesterday’s September 12 iPhone and iPad mini launch details from a post on iMore, iLounge now comes with other exciting details to backup the news as reliable, so here are the details as quoted from iLounge:
- The new and Next generation iPhone (presently known as iPhone 5) will ship in Mid-September. This report made us to understand that the Apple Event stated for September 12 will not be for all the devices as earlier stated.
- New iPhone cases will be launched to the market. They guess that the first will come with the current bumper case while the other will come with some additional features such as its stand. And it will happen after the launch.
- iPod touch device will be released with the iPhone 5 at the event with identical resolution (1136×640 screen?).
- New iPod Nano comes with no actual details as of now but others sources have said it will be longer than expected.
- 7.85 inch iPad mini that comes with new 19-pin dock connector will ship in late November, just in time very close to Christmas (but Apple will still announced it in September, but why?). This rumour follows several earlier reports that claims Apple is working big time on iPad Mini Smart Cases and Smart covers that totally resemble its larger counterparts.
- And finally, the most controversial of this news all is that Apple will be updating its full-sized iPad line with a thinner design few months after its release. However, the new iPad design will undergo a tweak to its back side mic and have a less hot thinner design.
“Apple’s current plan for the 4th generation iPad is to release another modest body tweak, which would keep the shape almost the same while introducing a new rear-side microphone, a new small Dock Connector, and spec-improving/heat-reducing changes to the hardware inside. The rear-side microphone might aid in noise cancellation or improve its audio quality during rear-side video recording, and is apparently just like the one found on the iPhone 5, between the camera and flash; prototype iPad minis apparently have a mic on the back in the same place.
In the meantime, iLounge claims that all Apple’s product could be released at the same event or they might be spread out to different event:
The next iPad’s release date is a big question mark right now. As noted with the * above for the iPad mini, Apple could hold a special event just to announce the sub-8” tablet, and our source suggests that Apple might be ready to refresh the iPad at the same time.